Conforming Directive 2011/24/EU on patients rights in cross-border healthcare, each EU/EEA member state has established one or more national contact points (NCP). The Greek NCP for cross-border healthcare provides information on health services in Greece and abroad and patients’ rights and entitlements. The NCP cooperates with an extensive network of national and international organizations, national authorities, EU/EEA NCPs and other stakeholders.
Eu-healthcare.eopyy.gov.gr is the Greek national contact point (NCP) for cross-border healthcare and provides information on health services in Greece and abroad for patients who need or choose cross-border healthcare in an EU/EEA member state.
Work of the NCP
The NCP is collaborating with a national and international stakeholders’ network including public services and national authorities, organizations, national health insurance services, patients’ associations, health professionals and individual patients.
The NCP collects, provides and communicates information on:
- the possibilities of seeking care in EU/EEA member states for Greek patients at the expense of the national health insurance scheme;
- health services and professionals in Greece for patients from abroad seeking care in Greece;
- terms and conditions for the reimbursement of cross-border healthcare costs;
- administrative procedures for the reimbursement of cross-border healthcare costs;
- cross-border prescriptions;
- patients’ rights in Greece and other EU/EEA member states;
- contact details of national contact points of EU/EEA member states.
The work of the NCP is regulated by a circular of the Minister of Health for the provision of information of the NCP for cross-border healthcare.
In Greece, the NCP operates under EOPYY (National Organization for the Provision of Health Services) and is a unit of the EOPYY- Division of International Relations.
Communication with the Greek NCP
The NCP communicates and analyzes information on cross-border healthcare in its website eu-healthcare.eopyy.gov.gr and answers questions via email, phone or in person by appointment.
You can contact the NCP team at the email: firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form, available here. You will receive a reply within 5 working days at the latest. Our e-mail service is available in Greek and English.
In addition, you can contact the NCP at 0030 210 8110935 and 0030 210 8110936, Mondays-Fridays from 07.30-15.30.
The NCP cooperates with the network of the NCPs of EU/EEA member states.
Useful information sources
- National transposition law 4213/13 of Directive 2011/24/EU
- Directive 2011/24/EU on the rights of patients in cross-border healthcare
- Cross-border healthcare – European Commission
- Coordination of social security at EU level
- Your rights by country